BC Freezer Contest
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS (AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE PROMOTION ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The BC Freezer Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in Canada (excluding Quebec) and who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sysco Canada, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’, and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. Entry Period. The Promotion begins on or about 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 14, 2020 and all entries must be received by the Sponsor on or before 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on October 11, 2020. (the “Entry Period”)
3. How to Enter. There are two methods of entry for this Promotion. The first method of entry is to visit the Vancouver, Victoria or Kelowna Sysco@HOME online store and make a pretax purchase of at least $200.00. Each purchase of $200 (pretax) will receive one entry into a drawing for the grand prize. There are no limits on the number of entries allowed. The second method of entry is to legibly hand print on a 3’ x 5’ card your full name, complete address, home and daytime telephone numbers (including area code), email address and date of birth and mail the card in a sealed envelope (only one entry per envelope) with proper postage to: Sysco Vancouver, Attn: Marketing – BC Freezer Contest, 1346 Kingsway Ave, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6G4. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 11, 2020 and received no later than October 14, 2020.
Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account, provided that person is eligible. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be one (1) winner(s) selected in this Promotion. The potential winner(s) will be selected through a random drawing on or about October 14, 2020 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, to be administered over the phone or in writing. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and an alternate potential winner being randomly selected. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Promotion, and of selection of the winner(s). Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner(s) will be final.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize(s). If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize(s) to an alternate winner.
6. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Prize(s) and Values. The prize to be awarded in this Promotion is/are: one (1) Danby 5.5 cu ft Chest Freezer containing one (1) case Sysco Imperial Bacon, one (1) case Sysco Classic Chicken Breast, one (1) case Sysco Fine Meats Chuck Patty, one (1) case Mixed Berry Blend, one (1) case Fusion Vegetable Mix, one (1) case Sysco Classic Pork Breakfast Sausage, one (1) case Portico Shrimp, one (1) case Arrezzio Ravioli, one (1) case Sysco Classic Chicken Tender, one (1) case McCain Zucchini Stick, one (1) case Wong Wing Pot Sticker, and one (1) case Sysco Classic Perogy. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $825.00. Prize(s) are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with his or her prize(s), the Sponsor may elect to provide winners with an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prize(s) are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner(s) will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s) they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prize(s) is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
Prize must be delivered to the Winners home address by Sysco on a multi-temperature controlled truck/trailer by a Sysco Delivery Associate in accordance with our Food Safety policies.
8. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winner(s) irrevocably grant the Promotion Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Promotion, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize(s) to the winner(s). Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Promotion Entities.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Promotion, entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Promotion and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Promotion; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Promotion activity and/or prize).
10. Entry Information and Promotion Communications. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Promotion and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrant provides to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Promotion or on a Promotion winner’s list.
11. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
By entering the promotion, entrant agrees that to the extent permitted by applicable law: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the promotion, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any) not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00), but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00), and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) entrants’ remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to you.
12. List of Promotion Winner(s)/Official Rules Requests. To receive the name of the winner, send an email to email@example.com before November 1 2020 requesting the name of the winner. Please put “Winner List for BC Freezer Contest” in the subject line.